Search This Blog

Monday, July 12, 2010

Technology Addicts


Last night I went to the movies to see Grown-Ups. It was a funny movie – while I’m no movie critic, I would give it a B rating. Anyway, the point of this post is not to talk about how great the movie was. It’s really about the boy that looked about 15 that sat next to me and the girl that looked about 15 that sat next to my boyfriend. Throughout the entire movie they texted and were on facebook. I’m pretty sure if I were to ask them some general questions about the movie they wouldn’t be able to answer them. While I understand the importance of multi-tasking I am sad at how children are so attached to technology. Although I am a huge technology enthusiast I can’t help but think that it is severely affecting the quality of life of our children. It’s an incredible thing that has changed the foundation and platform of business but then again, cake is a wonderful thing – in small portions and it must be balanced with a healthy diet. Similarly, technology needs to fit into a balance along with face-to-face friendship and communication and outdoor activities. I still believe that it’s important to focus marketing efforts online for businesses. But as for our personal lives – take a look at your own life and your family – are you addicted or do you think you can handle watching a movie without checking your phone…


No comments:

Post a Comment