Search This Blog

Saturday, July 3, 2010

Just Google It


Today I was in the Milltown Parade with my good friends at Friendly Electric Heating & Air. It was a lot of fun - despite being bombarded with crowds of people wanting beads from me. On the way back from the parade I was sitting in the back of the car with a 13 year old and two 7 year old kids. As we were talking the 13 year old noticed my cell phone - she was very impressed that it was the iPhone4 and she knew all about the apps and said that it was such a cool phone. It might be a little sad at how flattered I was that a 13 year old thought that I, a 26 year old, was cool. As we continued our conversation, one of the 7 year olds mentioned that he will be going to Germany to visit his family. When I asked him what city, he said Italy... I was 7 a long time ago - maybe geography is not something they know very well. But when someone in the car asked a question that nobody could answer, the 7 year old boy immediately said, "why don't you just google it." I was a bit taken back but then it got me thinking... How can anybody think that the Internet isn't the place to be focusing marketing energy. Even 7 year olds turn to google to find answers. If you are a business owner and you are not focusing your energy on SEO and social media then you are truly missing out and falling behind fast. Although it is sad that the kid thought that Italy was a city in Germany - he could always just google it. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment